Friday, March 06, 2009

Dortmunder and Thank you Donald Westlake...

This is Pear Pie, by the way (I didn't make it, my favorite daughter did)...but that's not what I want to talk about. Donald Westlake died just a few months ago, and that was very sad. We don't expect our favorite authors to leave us, somehow, and lately it seems as if a lot of my favorites in the entertainment industry, and in the world of books are passing on. John Dortmunder lived inside Donald Westlake, and sadly, he died as well. I will miss Dortmunder. Something about that pensive, intelligent yet nefarious character appeals to me at a basic fundamental level. Tonight I got good news. There is a 14th Dortmunder book due out in April. Get Real. Thank you Donald Westlake for leaving us with a special gift of laughter once again. I shouldn't wonder if you are just now entertaining angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment