Saturday, August 05, 2017

Roses and Reading...

Summer in the lovely Vermont urban environment.....Breezy, mild, lazy Summer days. With all the commotion out there in the world, I will be posting some gentler reminders of our world....now and then. Reading Donna Leon books now - my library has several, so may as well give up on reading them in order. Each pile I check out I do read in order of publication, but from pile to pile it varies.  I like Brunetti.  The plots don't always resolve of course because her work is more literature than genre, and the setting being Venice, given Italian politics, you have to take the stories as more of a cultural and intellectual pastime. Given the pile of books I have in the unread category, I may get through some of the piles by next year. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment