Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Seattle...more thoughts

Thinking about Seattle for another month since my return, I realize I really liked it. I liked the area and the undercurrent of a slower pace of life. With so many people moving to Seattle from the urban East and California, I wonder how long this pace of life will last. The climate, like the climate in Vermont, makes casual comfortable garb the norm - boots and wool; fleece and hats abound in both places. And that's summer. No, really. Oh, I admit in summer there are warm days, then it's jeans and tee shirts. After awhile you own no dress shoes in Vermont, and I wonder if that's not true in Seattle too...unless we call clogs dressy. So, all in all, I am looking forward to my next visit, and I can tell you could get used to living there easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment