Thursday, August 02, 2007

Harry Potter ruminations...

Reading Harry Potter 7 is slow. I don't think it is the book, but I have been very involved in learning to fit pants and believe me this is a task for engineers, not me. I am soldiering through though, and should have a pattern for wearable, fitting pants any day now. As many have suspected, ready to wear clothing is not made for real people, but for some mythical creature somewhere who is even more elusive than the Yeti of the Himalayas. So pants fitting class has to come before HP. I have started the book, I have gotten to page 330 or so, but the pace isn't drawing me into the stupor in which I am supposed to be, where I sit mesmerized for hours at a time. This isn't happening.

I think J.K. Rowling's writing is still at the same high bar it was in the beginning; it is the fans who are now jaded and no longer surprised or enthralled by the magical happenings. And, who needs to read it fast? This is the last book...space it out. So, I will be taking my time, even when my reading time is freed up from sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment