Sunday, March 26, 2017

Spring WAS on the Way...

Taken some time back on my little camera, but reminds me that there might be a Spring!  It seemed to come, but we knew that was premature. Soon it will be April, and a more realistic time to have Spring arrive!    Reading - here is a recommendation - read the small novella - really a short story - by Ted Chiang, called The Great Silence.  Chiang's originality is something special.  In style no word is wasted. The story left me a bit sad, and gave me something to think about that keeps coming back into my brain. What is it "about?" Well, it's about our look outwards for other beings to communicate with, and it offers one answer we seldom think about seriously.    It is available in Kindle and also online at the address in the Wikipedia article referenced above.

No comments:

Post a Comment