Wednesday, November 26, 2003

So, Blogger has tips on what to do if your Mom finds your blog...hahhhahha. How about if MOM'S the BLOGGER? I wrote a note suggesting Blogger give tips on how to handle it if your Mom or grandmother is the blogger. Heh. Now - on to more interesting topics.

Apple and iPod are a happy combination. Mine is now charging along side my eMac. I thought I had quite a bit of music there - from Jimmy Buffett to Shostakovich, but it seems I have only put about an eighth of what it can handle. The iPod needs a dock for certain, and a cover. It is so small and so shiny and slippery. I can see myself doing what I invariably did to the walkman when I used that, get up and forget you have the earphones on and pitch the little goodie across the room and unto the floor. I can't think that that would improve iPod workability.

Thanksgiving is tomorrow, and the menu is easy and set, memorized in the rolling passage of time, unchanging and comfortable. Going to rest, cook, clean up, watch the Macy's Parade, and do all the things that remind me of every Thanksgiving. I remember the Mess Hall years. Those are good memories. My father and mother and I went to the annual gala Thanksgiving banquet the Air Force Mess Halls provided at Plattsburgh A.F.B. and even at Torrejon in Spain so many many years ago. Nuts, oranges, turkey, stuffing, candy, and all the rest, all of away from "home" yet we "brats" were home. I am thankful for family, friends and a warm home and a fine place to work. I wish my grandchildren the same good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment