Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Winter is upon us, and cold, and some snow squalls. Not too bad out there though, especially when the sun shines. This means knitting and reading as well as Mac upkeep. I am knitting a ridiculously simple shawl in a wonderful varigated blue-grey Homespun yarn. This is the only knitting I will do from now on. Just simple knit stitch over and over until I have shawls, throws, etc. And of course it is reading season.

I am finishing "Pictures from an Institution" (Randall Jarrell). It is not light reading. Both the form and the content require concentration and thought. Considering the pile of unread books I have, I would say I have reading for about ten years, without even purchasing any more books. Yet I know I will get more books. It is as the water flowing over the waterfall, it is as certain as the Spring, and as wonderful an adventure as any. It will be back to "Seven Pillars" for me after finishing "Pictures". I intend to immerse myself in "Seven Pillars" and then read a few books about Lawrence and the events of the time. Then maybe another Sax Rohmer for a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment