Wednesday, March 24, 2004

A long hiatus, and a change in direction here for awhile. Had to get a good FTP program for the eMac, so I installed (and paid for) Transmit 2 from Panic Software. An excellent program. In just a tiny amount of time I had my website - such as it is - up on a new server without advertising. That is really a plus. And a very smooth transition it was. Now to remember to edit it, and perhaps improve it from time to time.

And did I mention Mozilla Firefox? If not, then this is the time for all to go get a copy and install on your system. Linux, Windows and Mac - all run well. I use the Windows version at work and the Mac version at home, and both run smoothly and without many hitches. I can access all sorts of sites, online ordering at my favorite sites is a breeze, and the speed of Firefox is awesome. On the Mac at home with a modem the speed of Firefox makes all the difference in the world. And I have to admit the "skins" are as much fun as Opera's. And the Open Source Community of Mozilla makes the effort worthwhile. I hope that Mozilla attracts a huge number of users. To say it is better than IE is just such an understatement.

Meanwhile, the addition of Photologist (and I am going to register that too) to my passle of photo proggies has increased my ability to play with my photos even more. I love the effects you can create with photologist, including cropping in shapes, vignetting, coloring backgrounds, etc. Photologist is a bit eccentric though, sometimes I get no response when I click a folder to view my pictures. But it could be this mouse. More trial days to come. Final verdict to follow.