Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Blogs of Summer...Zzzzzzzzzzzz...

Well, yes. There is blogger burnout. More like LazyBloggerSyndrome(LBS). Like last summer, this summer is enervating...feels like I should just flop over the edge of the back deck like a Dali clock. I keep trying to force myself to find a topic worth rambling on about, and believe me, several have occurred to me, but I just don't have the ambition while the thermometer exceeds the upper seventies. For one thing, there is the Bush administration's environmental policies - bad. For another, there is the war in Iraq - bad. Another possibility is further words on healthcare - situation remains bad for so many. And then there is the picayune daily irritants: people parking in the ten minute spot, people parking in the employee lot who shouldn't, people who don't clean up after themselves, and on and on. But, on the whole, this part of summer is so short and sweet that the short sabbatical from holding forth at length is justified.

No comments:

Post a Comment