Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Freedom is at hand. I finished "The Heat of the Day." Now I can concentrate on Evelyn Waugh for awhile, and then finally get to the prize. I need to read "Wonder Boys." After "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay" I had to measure my reading of Michael Chabon because I think he is the greatest writer alive today, and I could easily zip through his work and then have to wait while he gets around to writing more! I have the book "Wonder Boys" and have longingly picked it up several times, only to remind myself to finish every other book I started.

I briefly considered entering the race for governor of California, even though I live in New England, but what the heck, I don't have the time with all the reading I have to do. I thought I may as well run because everyone else is running, but then I thought what a waste of time being governor of California would be. A person might win, what a stroke of bad luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment