Friday, September 24, 2004

Books, books and more books

Another shipment of brain food arrived from Alibris the other day. It is getting so that I must remove some furniture from the den to make way for books. Unfortunately, I also have a problem because I now have over twenty books I have not read and they are sitting around here and there staring at me as I walk by. If I sit and watch television, I feel their sorrow. Earlier on in life I always had read what I had on the shelves, but now they burgeon out of bounds. The advent of the computer has eroded away my reading time, and although I have to count my ereading time, that is also another area in which to build a book collection of unread titles. The bright spot in all this is that for the next several decades I ought to have something to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment