Thursday, September 30, 2004

Palm Zire....into the handheld world

Today's email brought a special from the PalmOne Store on "Blemished" handhelds. Well, I fell into the "pit of weakness" and ordered a Zire 21. This is my chance to get that "ebook hardware" I have been lusting after all these years. I don't care a whit about a calendar or reading my books in color, so the price was really right. After shipping and tax, $59 and change. This is my first experience with handhelds, with the exception of the iPod which is really not the same at all. Still, it feels a little like the same experience to me. I can't wait to get my hands on it. Hope all goes well with the installation of the Palm Desktop on the Mac. We'll see. I checked the support docs at the Palm site and there are known issues, so again, we'll see. I have hopes for the eBook Reader on the Palm because I love it on the Mac and the Wintel machines. Good or bad - I'll report on it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment