Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Reunion...

This weekend is a high school reunion, year unmentioned. It will be interesting to see how everyone has made peace with the world over the years. Unfortunately a couple of my really good friends from that time are not to be found, so they won't be there. Well, many of the people I remember fondly will be there, so I am sure we will enjoy the evening. I haven't been able to attend any of the reunions, in fact didn't know of them since the tenth. The wonder of the web has changed all that. I added my email to the list at the high school alumni site, and there you go.

I was disappointed in Johnny Depp's "The Secret Window." Not very good. Creepy without any redeeming resolution. Johnny must have needed the cash. Looking forward to Juliet Binoche and Jean Reno in "Jet Lag" which is rented and awaits our viewing. I just saw "The Others" over the weekend, and I have to say it is well done and gripping. Nicole Kidman is, as usual, a flawless actress. She was at her peak in "The Hours", a film which I recommend only for the performances, as the story is a bit too long in the telling.

No comments:

Post a Comment